“The Guide to Musical Theatre is a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk/Javari.co.uk/Amazon.de/Amazon.fr/Javari.fr/Amazon.it.”
• Breathing & voice control • Acting for stage & screen
• Body language, timing & mime • Warm ups & learning lines
• Handling the audience • Mastering dialects & accents
• Character interaction • Period manners & make-up
• The actor/director relationship • Shakespeare and Brecht
The ideas of famous theorists, actors and directors are also summarised, from Stanislaysky, Lee Strasberg, Michael Chekhov and Dorothy Heathcote, through Peter Brook and Peter Hall, to John Gielgud, Laurence Olivier, Simon Callow, Ian McKellen, Judi Dench and Michael Caine.