The New 70's Musical
Written / Compiled Justin Sepple
"Get ready to hit that floor and burn, baby, burn". It's the
summer of 1976... it's as hot outside as the fashion, hits and passion
are on the dance floor and Jack is about to celebrate a 21st birthday
he will never
forget in this 'devilish' new 70's musical comedy.
- '...a wonderful nights entertainment. An unforgettable rollercoaster ride through a glittering decade'
- '...Saturday Night Fever meets Damn Yankees in this explosive
comedy... certainly not to be missed'
Working late in a London nightclub, 'Disco Inferno', Jack meets Lady Marmalade - a femme fatale - the Devil's right hand lady. Dreaming of becoming successful, he makes a Faustian pact with her, trading his soul to fulfil his wildest fantasies. Sound like an ideal bargain? Think again...
Jack soon becomes an international success... a sensation - even making an appearance on 'Top of the Pops' - but this success proves hollow. Jack has the fame and fortune he'd always dreamed of but is losing his devoted girlfriend, Jane... one disaster follows another. If only he could turn back time.. If only he could make one more trade, trading all he now has for something far more important... the love of his life.
This highly acclaimed musical combines a hilarious script, fantastic characters and an electrifying score of hits from an unforgettable era of glitter, flares and platform shoes. Disco Inferno is a high energy musical guaranteed to warm hearts, get feet tapping and audiences leaving the auditorium with a daft grin of pleasure and the fondest memories of a
sensational era... 'a night to remember'
- Celebration/A Night To Remember - (Full Company)
- If You Leave Me Now - (Heathcliffe, Kathy, Jack, Jane & Fallen Angels)
- Crocodile Rock - (Duke & Company)
- Kissing In The Back Row of the Movies - (Tom & Company)
- Hot Stuff - (Lady Marmalade & Dancers)
- Some Girls - (Tom & Male Company)
- You To Me Are Everything - (Jack, Jane & Company)
- Streetlife - (Kathy)
- Village People Medley (In The Navy / Go West / YMCA) - (Tom, Terry, Jack & Company)
- Could It Be Magic - (Jack & Fallen Angels)
- Leader of the Gang - (Heathcliffe)
- Pop Muzik - (Nick Diablo & Company)
- Boogie Nights - (Jack & Company)
- Star Man - (Jack & Fallen Angels)
- Figaro - (Jane & Girls)
- I Love To Love - (Maggie & Company)
- Groove Medley (Lets Groove / Boogie Wonderland / Blame It On The Boogie) - (Jack, Fallen Angels & Company)
- I Will Survive - (Jane)
- Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word - (Jack & Company)
- No More Tears
- Don't Give Up On Us Baby - (Jack & Jane)
- Fire - (Duke & dancers)
- Spirit In The Sky - (Jack & Company)
- Saturday Night's All Right For Fighting - (Heathcliffe & Lady Marmalade)
- Play That Funky Music White Boy - (Jack & Fallen Angels)
- Disco Inferno - (Full Company)
Scenes and Settings
- Scene 1 - Inside "Disco Inferno" July 1976
- Scene 2 – Outside the Rialto Cinema, 1970
- Scene 3 – Inside the Rialto Cinema
- Scene 4 – Back inside "Disco Inferno, July 1976
- Scene 5 – Toilets in "Disco Inferno"
- Scene 6 – Back inside "Disco Inferno"
- Scene 7 – Outside "Disco Inferno"
- Scene 8 – Outside "Disco Inferno" the following Friday
- Scene 9 – Fancy Dress Night inside "Disco Inferno"
- Scene 10 – "Diablo Records", Carnaby Street
- Scene 11 – Dressing Room, backstage at the Roundhouse
- Scene 12 - On Stage At The Roundhouse
- Scene 1 – "Top Of The Pops" Studio, October 1976
- Scene 2 – Inside "Disco Inferno", two weeks later
- Scene 3 – Inside "Disco Inferno" later that evening
- Scene 4 – Inside Jane's House, late that evening
- Scene 5 – Outside "Disco Inferno", August 1977
- Scene 6 – Outside "Disco Inferno" four weeks later
- Scene 7 – Inside Jack's flat later that night
- Scene 8 – Hell
- Scene 9 – A Churchyard
- Scene 10 – Outside "Disco Inferno" that evening
- Scene 11 – Inside "Disco Inferno" moments later
- Scene 12 – Inside "Disco Inferno", July 1976
- Disco Inferno