Jason and the Argonauts
Music by Charles Miller | Book and Lyrics by Tim Sanders | Original Concept by Paul Carpenter
Jason seeks the Golden Fleece and Hera, the Queen of Heaven, needs a man.
Standing in their way is a trio of bickering New York goddesses, the bong-toting King of Colchis and Medea, a teenage sorceress who never asked for the gig. But when Aphrodite decides to cast a spell of her own, love is in serious danger of Conquering all!
Sail with the Argonauts, twerk on the beach and dive into a pool party on Paradise Heights - there’s even a Greek Chorus to sing off the chandeliers! Here's one big fat Greek legend that’s guaranteed to explode a few myths...
"You can dress it up all ya like honey, but at the end o' the day, it's a yellow sweater!"
- Golden Boy From Greece - Hera, Jason, Greek Chorus, Goddesses and Heavenly Boys
- Oedipus Thing - Greek Chorus
- Seize The Day - Chiron, Jason and Hera
- The Night That You Were Born - Jason, Chiron, Greek Chorus, Aeson, Polymele, Thugs/Servants and Goddesses
- Stranger That I Love - Jason, Polymele and Greek Chorus
- Hope On The Horizon - Hera, Jason, Greek Chorus, Goddesses and Chiron
- Meanwhile (Part 1) - Hera, Goddesses and Greek Chorus
- The World Is My Oyster - Hera and Greek Chorus
- Paradise Heights - Goddesses, Leon, Jason, Polymele, Servants, Guests, Zena and Johnny
- You Filled My Heart - Polymele and Jason
- Meanwhile (Part 2) - Hera, Jason, Argo, Goddesses and Greek Chorus
- Jason And The Argonauts - Jason, Argonauts, Greek Chorus, Goddesses, Citizens, Medea and Apsyrtus
- No One Can Stop Me Now - Jason, Hera, Zeus, Argonauts, Polymele and Pelias
- The Storm - Jason, Argonauts, Greek Chorus, Zeus, Hera and Goddesses
- Here And Now - Medea and Apsyrtus
- Colchis - Jason, Argonauts, Apsyrtus, Papa Aetes, Medea, Greek Chorus, Goddesses and Guards
- Now I Know What Love Is - Jason, Medea and Argonauts
- The Winning Of The Fleece - High Priestess, Priestesses, Jason, Medea, Argonauts, Papa Aetes, Apsyrtus, Greek Chorus, Goddesses and Guards
- Unbreakable Hearts - Argonauts and Hera
- Get Ya Hands Off O' Him! - Hera, Goddesses and Greek Chorus
- My Special Day - Medea, Maids, Hera, Apsyrtus, Jason, Goddesses, Papa Aetes, Guests and Argonauts
- Champion Of The Fleece - Argonauts and Greek Chorus
- Now I Know What Love Is Reprise - Jason, Medea, Zeus and Hera
- Polymele's Dream - Polymele, Hera, Goddesses and Greek Chorus
- Hope On The Horizon Reprise - Jason, Medea, Argonauts, Pelias, Greek Chorus, Goddesses and Chiron
- The Temple - Priests/Priestesses, Jason, Chiron, Hera, Goddesses, Pelias, Medea, Polymele, Greek Chorus, Argonauts and Citizens
- Curtain Call - Full Company
- JASON - Young and geeky hero who seeks the Golden Fleece.
- GREEK CHORUS - Six savvy and sexy young women who tell the story. (ALPHA, BETA, GAMMA, DELTA, KAPPA & PI)
- CHIRON - (keer-ron) A kind and loyal centaur. Jason’s guardian.
- AESON - (ee-son) Jason’s father and King of Thessaly (minor non-singing).
- POLYMELE - (polly-mee-lee) Jason’s mother and Queen of Thessaly.
- LEON / JOHNNY / ZENA - Hotel Manager / Comedian / Ventriloquist – all at Paradise Heights
- KING PELIAS - (pay-lee-ass) Jason’s villainous uncle - usurper King of Thessaly.
- HERA - (heer-a) haughty Goddess Queen of Heaven - creates and loves Jason.
- ARTEMIS - (ar-ter-miss) Goddess of wisdom and war – Smart. Hera’s upstart rival.
- APHRODITE - (aff-ro-die-tee) Goddess of beauty and love – a romantic and sincere.
- ATHENE (a-thee-nee) Virgin Goddess of the hunt – fun loving, a bit goofy.
- ZEUS - (zee oose) King of the Gods – wimp with a booming voice - a gangster.
On The Argo:
- ARGO - (ar-go) Argonaut. Avuncular old shipwright who builds The Argo.
- HERCULES - (her-cu-leez) Argonaut. Strongest (& most tactless!) man in the world.
- ORPHEUS - (or-fee-us) Argonaut. Gorgeous street soul musician and poet. A dude.
- ATALANTA - (at-a-lan-ta) female Argonaut – ‘bombshell’ and renowned archer.
- LYNCEUS -(lyn-key-us) Argonaut. Eager young lad with x-ray eyes. The lookout.
- CASTOR & POLLUX - (cas-ter & poll-ucks) Argonauts. Posh and proper identical twins. Olympic athletes straight out of ‘Chariots of Fire’.
- PAPA AETES - (ay-teez) Svengali King of Colchis. Keeper of the Golden Fleece.
- MEDEA - (med-day-a) New age Daughter of Papa Aetes. A feisty teen sorceress.
- APSYRTUS (ap-su-tuss) Malevolent eldest son of Papa Aetes. The Crown Prince.
- HIGH PRIESTESS - Guardian of the Fleece. A loud and theatrical charlatan.
- PASTOR - A wild and outlandish ‘man of the cloth’ with long hair and beard.
ALSO: Boys, Girls, Servants, Thugs, Guards, Citizens, Maids, Priests and Priestesses.
Scenes and Settings
Jason & The Argonauts is set in Ancient Greece in a variety of locations including a mountainside, the Paradise Hotel, Heaven, The Argo ship, a beach, a fortress and a temple.