1 act musical: Book & lyrics by Elizabeth Kann and Victoria Kann; music & lyrics by John Gregor
Culture Project at 45 Bleeker (Bleeker Street Theatre) - 1st November, 2008 - (Saturdays & Sundays)
This is the tale, based on the popular book by Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann, of Pinkalicious, who can't stop eating pink cupcakes despite warnings from her parents. Her pink indulgence lands her at the doctor's office with Pinkititis, an affliction that turns her pink from head to toe - a dream come true for this pink loving enthusiast. But when her hue goes too far, only Pinkalicious can figure out a way to get out of this pink predicament.
PINKALICOUS THE MUSICAL is about learning the power of self-control and the importance of moderation.
Pinkalicious loves pink and wants everything in her life to be pink. Her dream is to radiate pink. After over indulging in pink cupcakes, she wakes up pink. She is thrilled to be pink and have her dream come true.
Her parents take her to the doctor, and she is diagnosed with pinkititis. On the way home, Pinkalicious plays at the playground but is attacked by birds and bees when she is mistaken for a pink flower. Her best friend doesn't even recognize her as she is camouflaged in the garden. At home, she eats another cupcake, and the next morning she wakes up red and develops pink eye pinkititis whereby she can only see the color pink. Now she must do something to fix her predicament.
She bravely follows the doctor's order to eat green food. Due to her new resolve, Pinkalicious is transformed back to normal. Pinkalicious has learned self-control and to be careful for what you wish for. Her brother, on the other hand, has eaten the last cupcake, turns pink, and shouts with glee: Pink-A-Boo!
- Just One More / You Get Just What You Get / Cupcake Dream
- When Dreams Come True
- Pinkatitis Reprise
- Peter's Pink Blues
- Buzz Off
- The Power of Antioxidants
- Peter And Pinkalicious Ponder The Predicament
- Green Food
- PINKALICIOUS - an energetic little girl who loves the color pink and pink cupcakes
- PETER (Doubles as BIRD)- her younger brother who would rather eat cupcookie cakes and feels that Pinkalicious gets all of the attention
- MRS. PINKERTON (Doubles as BUTTERFLY) - Pinkalicious's organic-minded and busy mother
- MR. PINKERTON (Doubles as BEE) - Pinkalicious's pinkaphobic father
- DR. WINK (Doubles as ALISON and BUTTERFLY)- Pinkalicious's female pediatrician who is very excited about diagnosing pinkititis
- ALISON - Pinkalicious's best friend who also wants to be pink
- BIRDS - love to flap wings and sing and dance and think Pinkalicious is a flower
- BEES - love to buzz and sing and dance and think Pinkalicious is a flower
- BUTTERFLIES - love to sing and dance and think Pinkalicious is a flower